is setting new standards:
- Green Building Alliance — PNC is “a corporate leader in green building and employee friendliness.”
- Buildings magazine — PNC “will be studied by future generations to better understand how the built environment can complement the natural environment.”
- Urban Land Institute’s Awards for Excellence — PNC was among firms from Japan, the Netherlands and United States recognized for its “powerful impact of thoughtful urban design."
- Harvard Business Review — PNC featured as a national leader in "Building the Green Way."
Among America's top financial institutions, no company has done more to spur the charge, or energize the green cause than PNC. We have taken the lead when it comes to environmentally and employee friendly construction.
- PNC has more newly constructed "green" buildings certified by the U.S. Green Building Council than any company on Earth.
- PNC is the first U.S. bank to apply green building standards to all newly constructed or renovated retail branch offices.
- Benefits include cleaner indoor air and improved health and well-being of employees. At PNC Firstside Center, for example, a study found employee retention and satisfaction was 50 percent better compared to a traditional facility.
- With 60,000 employees in the United States and abroad, PNC strives to reduce our impact on the natural resources that surround us – every day.
- Existing buildings on the site of all new major construction projects will be "deconstructed" rather than demolished to salvage or reuse more than 90 percent of materials that otherwise would go to landfills.
- PNC is one of the nation’s largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management; asset management and global fund services.